Caprese Balsamic Grill
Prep 5min, Marinate 8 hours, Cooking Time 20min, Servers 4
Fresh and tasty balsamic marinated grilled chicken topped with melting fresh mozzarella, ripe tomato and plenty of basil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 100 grams fresh mozzarella ball, sliced
- 1 ripe field tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- Marinate the chicken in the balsamic vinaigrette overnight.
- Grill the chicken in medium-high heat until cooked and slightly charred, about 2-4 minutes per side before topping with the mozzarella and tomato and letting it heat until it just starts to melt.
- Serve topped with the basil and balsamic reduction.
Note: You can grill the chicken on a barbecue, in a grill pan or regular pan on the stove or broil in the oven.
Note: To make a balsamic reduction, simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it has reduced by 1/2.
Moroccan Chicken Ingredients
Fresh lemon juice
Spice (cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon and turmeric)
Salt and pepper
How to Make Moroccan Chicken
Pound chicken until even, place in a large resealable bag.
Whisk olive oil, lemon, garlic and spices. Pour marinade over chicken.
Marinate in refrigerator 2 – 8 hours.
Preheat a grill over medium-high heat.
Grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side
Courtesy of Cooking Classy
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g-750grams chicken breasts cut into 1-in cubes
- Place spinach, basil, chipotle, pine nuts, Parmesan, and garlic in a food processor. With food processor running, drizzle olive oil through top until pesto is smooth, scraping down sides if necessary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Skewer chicken on kebab sticks. Divide pesto in half and brush one half on chicken skewers. Grill chicken over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until chicken registers 73c on a thermometer, about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill and generously brush chicken with remaining pesto. Enjoy chicken skewers warm!
There you have three awesome recipes you can try out this week.
Chicken doesn’t always have to be boring as you have seen here, you just need to use your imagination.